1) We will not sell your personal details onto a third party – advertisers on our site may have access to your behavior via cookies, but not your data.
2) We place ads based on where they perform best – if a page happens to sell lots of computer games, we will advertise more computer games on that page. That’s reasonable right?
3) We will not use behavioral targeting unreasonably – if you go to a site about watches we will assume you are interested in watches. It’s not a sinister action, it just makes sense. You don’t have to buy the watches any more than you have to buy anything else! We won’t behaviorally target anything that might embarrass you, and you always have the option to opt-out.
4) We request that you don’t use ad blockers – contrary to popular belief we do sometimes get paid for you just seeing advertising without you clicking or buying anything. If you like our site, please don’t block our ads – it’s an easy way for you to pay us for using it without it costing you anything.
5) We run more ads than it is reasonable to keep track of, therefore if you have a complaint about an ad for any reason, please get in touch with us and let us know and we will do what we can about it – it’s not in our interests to displease our users*
6) We do not allow auto-initiated sound – that means ads are not allowed to have the sound switched on when the page loads. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
7) We do not allow ads which make you download anything (especially viruses!), or which break the site in any way. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
All advertisements and commercially sponsored publications are independent from editorial decisions. BVI Paradise does not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in BVI Paradise publications. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests, or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors.
BVI Paradise reserves the right to decline any type of advertising that is damaging to the brand of BVI Paradise or is inappropriate to the content held on the BVI Paradise network.
BVI Paradise will not accept advertising for products or services known to be harmful to health (e.g. tobacco and alcohol products).
Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading, and must be verifiable. Advertisements should clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being offered. Exaggerated or extravagantly worded copy will not be allowed. Advertisements will not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive in either text or artwork, or if they relate to content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious nature.
Once an advertisement has been deployed online, it will be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the Editor(s)-in-Chief or Publisher requests its removal.
BVI Paradise will not allow any treatment-specific or drug-specific campaign to be targeted to a specific article(s) or on any page where content relates to the product(s) being advertised. (Advertisers may not link to articles using keywords; they may not target advertising for a specific product on the condition that it appears in the same location and at the same time as a specific article mentioning that product and they may not refer to an article published at the same time as the advertisement appears).
All advertisements for drug-specific campaigns must comply with the relevant European and UK legislation that regulates advertising. Information about the latest legislation, as well as good practice guidelines, can be found on the MHRA website. . Advertisers should make available to BVI Paradise the marketing authorization and summary of product characteristics when submitting their advertisement. In the case of drug advertisements, the full generic name of each active ingredient should appear. Each page of an advertisement for a prescription-only medicine should be clearly labeled as intended for health professionals.
All advertisements for drug specific campaigns should encourage correct and rational use and must not be misleading.
Advertisements and editorial content must be clearly distinguishable. BVI Paradise will not publish “advertorial” content, and sponsored supplements must be clearly indicated as such. If a supplement did not undergo peer review or underwent a peer review-process different from the rest of the journal that should be explicitly stated.
Editorial decisions will not be influenced by current or potential sponsors and advertisers, and will not be influenced by marketing decisions. Advertisers and sponsors have no control or influence over the results of searches a user may conduct on the website by keyword or search topic.
If any advert is requested outside of BVI Paradise standard advertising positions then a request should be made to editorial who will respond with a full and final decision within two business days.
Information about complaints concerning advertisements will be included in the Advertisements page.
We’re not trying to trick you into buying things you don’t want or need, we’re just making you aware of the dynamic you are already involved in so that you can consciously take part. Advertising has been rightly and wrongly demonized over the years, but it’s part of keeping the internet free, so working together we hope we can make it a more reasonable payment system for everyone.
* To help us find the offending ad, please send us a screenshot of the ad, URL at email @ [email protected] , you saw it on and what country you are in if possible. So you know, we will also likely tell off the advertiser, as all of our advertising partners know our rules
|Location Pixel size Jpeg Gif Video Jpeg/Gif/ Video|
|Top banner 2|
Banner 3 two slot slide with Description over the Ads with
click button to URL home side ads
| 1500* 250 |
300 * 250
|$500 $550 |